Ward off the January blues by starting the New Year slowly here in the countryside.
After a month of celebrating, fun and perhaps a few late nights, enjoy the perfect antidote to the festive season with a beautifully quiet, relaxing, winter quiet luxury break to Grove of Narberth.
It’s the perfect time to visit if you’re seeking a quieter pace of life, and Grove’s cosy lounges are irresistible at this time of year. Warm up in front of the log fires with a hot chocolate (with or without the added rum), play a board game, or curl up in one of the cosy nooks with a book. With all the home comforts you need, delicious seasonal food, and of course, our friendly team, you’ll want for nothing.
During these colder months, whether you’re crunching through the piles of fallen leaves, or cwtching up next to the fires, there’s also plenty to see and do here in Pembrokeshire.
It’s the perfect time of year to explore our Pembrokeshire too, with blustery coastal walks, cold water swims, and incredible scenery right on the doorstep.
Here are some of of our reception team’s favourite things to do:
– Head to Newgale Beach when the tide’s out for a stunning 5k walk – or run – along the sand. Ellen, one of our newest team members, loves to follow her run on the beach with a delicious Sunday roast at Grove!
– Take a cold water dip at Broadhaven South, or at Whitesands, St Davids. Team member Lucy always tells us “you can’t stay sad in the cold water” and loves the euphoric feeling after her dip.
– Bethan loves to enjoy a few glasses of Merlyn cream liquor in front of an open fire at home – which you could experience for yourself in our cosy Blue Lounge.
– Emily loves to head out for a solo walk, enjoy the solitude as she meanders around Dinas Head, or takes the short but beautifully scenic walk between Caerfai and St Non’s chapel in the north of the county.
A few of our other top tips are:
– Colby woodland gardens for a wintery walk through the woods and down to the sea in Amroth
– A bracing walk from Abereiddy to Porthgain with lunch at the Shed or the Sloop Inn
– Taking the Strumble Head loop for seal spotting and to see the amazing views of the lighthouse
– Visiting Carew Castle at sunset, followed by a drink at the Carew Inn
– The Golden Road has spectacular views and lighting this time year
Thank you to Claire, Ellen, Lucy, Bethan, Gabrielle and Laura from our lovely reception team for sharing their top tips.
Visit us here in Pembrokeshire for an unforgettable getaway this winter.